I was just talking to a client about creating a video for them. The question came up about using a Teleprompter or not. I will tell you from my experience that a Teleprompter is usually a good thing!
When you see a video and it looks spontaneous, it’s not. They are using a teleprompter and have done lots of prep. They have run through the script many times and know where to pause and where to use jesters, smiling and voice inflections etc.
I have attached a video from Anchor Media Studio in Washington, MO. It explains what the benefits of a teleprompter are.
10 Tips in Using Teleprompter
1. Scriptwriting – It is going to be spoken out loud. The written word and spoken word are different. When talking we tend to use I’ve not I have or I’ll not I will.
2. Practice – This will make it look like you are not reading it
3. Energy and Passion – Show enthusiasm, you are trying to excite whoever is watching.
4. Smile – This will help you connect with your audience
5. Eye Contact – This also helps you connect with your audience
6. Use Body language – You must move, you don’t want to look like “Deer in Headlight”, Use facial expressions and hand motions if you generally talk with your hands.
7. Don’t Shout – Talk as if you are speaking to one person.
8. Don’t follow the TelePrompTer – The operator will follow you and your speed of speech .
9. Don’t Freak Out – Remember your message and if you make a mistake…that is what editing is for.
10. Enjoy Yourself – Have a good time. Being in front of the camera does not have to be scary!
Pro One Media is a full service video production company located in Scottsdale Arizona. Check out our website ProOneMedia.com for more information and samples.
Contact Pro One Media Productions for help with your video. Email at: info@ProOneMedia.com or call 480-948-9310